1. When during the year does the external Student Registration begin?
Sangai International University, Arunachal Pradesh register External (private) students are two times in a year at its Headquarter at Pasighat, District East Siang, Arunachal Pradesh. Every year, the Calendar Session commences in February; Academic Session in August.

2. Where and how can I download the external Student Registration Form?
Students are advised to refer to the Regional/ National daily newspapers from time to time and also the University’s Directorate of Outreach (DO) website: for registration related announcements. Student Handbook and Registration Form can be obtained from the University Head Office or Application Collection Centers.

NOTE: Registration as an External student will be granted only to those candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria.

3. Where should I submit the filled in Student Registration Form?
Duly filled in external Student Registration Form along with certified copies of Mark Sheets / Testimonials should be submitted / sent to the SIU Head Office at Pasighat or can be submitted to Application Collection Centres closest to you. Click here(Link to SIU in your City) to find a Application Collection Centres closest to you.

4. What are some of the reasons that may lead to rejection of an application?
Applications shall be rejected without assigning any reasons for the following reasons.

  • Incomplete Registration Form.
  • Non-enclosure of eligibility qualifications proof.
  • Non-enclosure of Demand Draft or in case it is an outstation Demand Draft or Cheque / Cash
  • Documents enclosed are not attested by Notary Public.

5. What is Lateral Entry?
We offer Lateral Entry to students with managerial experience. In the Lateral Entry scheme, students have to appear and pass the first semester examination. Books of 1st semester will be supplied by the University and student will submit assignments to the university. For further details, please refer to the Handbook.

6. Can there be a refund of fees after registration or if a student withdraws from the programme?
Fee once paid is not refundable neither adjustable under any circumstances.

7. What are the documents to be enclosed as eligibility proof along with External Student Registration Form?
Student Registration Form has to be completely filled in. Applicant is advised to read the important instructions carefully before filling up the Student Registration Form. All the supporting documents (as specified in the Handbook / Checklist / Website) should be enclosed along with the Student Registration Form and should be attested by Notary Public.
Documents to be enclosed:

  • Programme fee demand draft drawn in favor of “Sangai International University” payable at “Pasighat” (Arunachal Pradesh) only will be considered. Note: For Programme fee (semester-wise) details are provided in the university website.
  • Xth Standard Certificates for age proof or birth certificate.
  • Educational proof certificates starting from Xth standard have to be enclosed for verification of eligibility criteria.
  • When a degree or diploma ‘provisional pass certificate’ is enclosed, it is advisable to enclose the mark sheets of all the three/four years, as the case may be.
  • Those who have not obtained the provisional/degree certificate are advised to enclose all three/four years pass mark sheets along with the programme completion certificate obtained from the principal/director of institution where last studied. Duly certified provisional certificate/degree certificate has to be forwarded within the stipulated period as laid down by the university.
  • Working experience certificate has to be obtained from the employer and enclosed. For more details on matters related to admission, contact the help desk at

8. Is there any provision to pursue more than one programme at a time?
There is no provision for pursuing more than one degree programme of Sangai International University at the same time.

9. What is Re-registration?
A student doing a programme as an External Student has to register himself/ herself for each semester to become eligible to appear for the University examinations. The terms ‘Fresh Registration’ and ‘Re-registration’ are explained below: –

  • Fresh Admission or Registration – New candidates seeking registration are required to fill up Fresh Admission or Registration Form.
  • Re-registration – existing students who get promoted to subsequent higher semesters have to Re-register at the beginning of a session and it is termed as Re-registration.

Re-registration to the higher semester is mandatory to become eligible to appear for the University term end examination for existing students.

10. Can a student register for two Semesters simultaneously?
Re-registration to two semesters simultaneously is not permitted.

11. What is Re-sitting?
If a student fails to clear any of the paper (s) or all subjects of a semester, he/ she has to re-appear for the relevant paper (s) or semester by applying and filling up the re-sitting form along with relevant examination fee. The form will be made available at least three months before the university examinations along with necessary instructions.

12. What is Re-admission?

  • If a student can not complete his/ her course within the maximum period stipulated, even though he/ she had re-registered earlier for all semesters, he/ she is permitted to apply for Re-admission using a maximum of 20 credits per session.
  • If a student has discontinued his programme without registering for one or more semesters with/without fee arrears (for earlier semesters), he/she is required to apply for semester-wise Re-admission for each session, starting from the earliest non-re-registered semester. Also, a student can apply for Readmission for programme(s) worth 4 credits in which he/ she has arrears from the previously Re-registered semesters.

The form should be complete in all respects and submitted along with necessary support documents and requisite fee. Incomplete application forms will not be considered for processing.

13. How to convert an External Student Registration into Regular Student Registration?
An External students may be allowed by the University to convert his / her registration into Full time regular registration and vice-versa. External students who have taken their term end examination can apply in prescribed form to Registrar, Sangai International University, Arunachal Pradesh. If seat is available, then allotted to the external student. In the Mid Term conversion is not possible.

Back to Top